Scope of Responsibilities
• Providing a day to day HSE service that is effective and suitable to support objectives
• Providing regular, reliable data for the purposes of monitoring HSE performance
• Identifying and promoting opportunities for HSE performance improvement
• Ensuring HSE requirements are widely and consistently understood and implemented
• Oversee day to day HSE activities in accordance with designated areas of responsibility.
• Assistance in the implementation of HSE component.
• Assistance in the implementation of HSSE Plans, Procedures requirements on site such as:
- HSSE Planning, HSSE Training, HSSE Applications on site, Inspections and audits ,Reporting, feed back, Review of overall HSSE Performance, Determination of actions, implementation of actions and closure of actions for continuous improvement.
• Application of hazard identification and risk assessment processes in designated areas of responsibility and implementation of appropriate control measures to reduce the risks to ALARP.
• Participate in the review of the effectiveness of hazard controls/mitigations.
• Participate in the HSE lessons learned forum within designated areas of responsibility and communicating more widely where appropriate.
• Provide input to the HSE component of the action tracking system.
• Ensure HSE requirements are communicated to all relevant personnel in designated areas of responsibility and verify compliance by all appropriate means (meetings, inspections, monitoring, and audits).
• Promote HSE awareness through conducting HSE induction training and participating in awareness campaigns.
• Participate fully and openly in all compliance assurance audits, inspections, performance meetings, etc.
• Ensure Corporate Objectives, Policies and Procedures are implemented in designated areas of responsibility.
• Ensure the Project is executed in compliance with Client HSE requirements & local laws and regulations
Decision Making Authority
Decisions are limited to home office HSE requirement after consulting the HSE Manager and advise/recommend HSE requirement for projects.
Supervise the contractors HSE team
Essential to maintain a good working relationship with:
• HSE Supervisor
• All allocated team members
• Client representatives
Physical Effort and Work Environment
Duties are mostly performed in harsh climates as Rumaila is in the middle of desert. He has to be strong and healthy enough to perform the duties.
• 3 years’ experience in Petrochemical or Oil and Gas project/operations in an HSE role
• Diploma or recognised HSE qualification
• Able to work with the minimum of supervision
• Good communicator and not afraid of the difficult conversation
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External
Apr 3, 2015, 2:59:00 AM